Monday, August 31, 2009

The last standing wheat feild

Here are some of the pictures I took of some friends out in the very last standing wheat field of the summer and it just so happended to be the most beautiful one down in one of my favorite valleys. Anyway, I had so much fun and they are such an adorable family.

wheat and flip flops did not go over well but this picture has some fun texture.
I love this family picture. I just think it is so sweet how the girls are holding hands. You can't plan things that cute.






i had a hard time watching her dig her toes into the dirt since i can't stand dirt on my feet or hands but i love this picture especially with the flip flops in the background. this was definitely her favorite part of the outing.
i also really like this picture. if you look closely you'll see her daddy's hand print in the sand as well and she is trying to be like her dad. i alwo think it is amazing how kids can just bend over like that without thinking about it.

Thank you guys for letting me take your pictures. I loved it!! Also, i can't wait to put up my family pictures that we took in a place that i found because of this outing.

4 comments:

Haggle said...

Wow. Very pretty pictures. i love the one with the chair. Soooo adorable.

And the flip flop one. Really artsy fartsy.

Shalisa Hazleton said...

My favorite is the last one with Lily kissing Haley.

Maddie said...

i really love these photos, roxy :) i love how capture your subject's emotions. actually, i can't even call them "subjects" here. you capture people in their REAL emotions. you are great at avoiding the posey look. i love it!

Maddie said...

oh roxy, your comment made me a tad teary-eyed :) you are such a sweetheart, and truly, seeing all of your pictures that weekend in monticello, i was thinking "WOW, i have some competition coming!"! you really HAVE to keep going! you're too good to stop! you undoubtedly have the eye for this.

i know it's hard when you look at other people's work and you constantly compare yourself to them . . . after a LONG time of doing that to myself, putting myself down, wishing i was doing as well as other people, i finally realized i just had to do what i think looks good and what appeals to me. there will not be two photographers EVER that have the exact same style and vision. we all discover our own style, and that's kind of the coolest part :) and your work is amazing and CLEARLY people love it or else they wouldn't ask you to take their pictures!
oddly enough, once you start an official price list, people are more interested in using you.
so, it's just time to take that jump! be confident! i'm still standing on the edge, but i think i'm about ready to start being more official. i know that once i have that confidence in myself, other people will have confidence in me too, and that's when the business starts to roll in.

don't stop! if you ever have any questions or want any tips, you can ask me anything! my email is madelynethomas@gmail.com.
love ya!

1 2 3 4 5

Labels

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones